), Infrastructure
11 New South Wales

Issue Paper - Approval for a Variation to Contract

Issue Paper Reference (PROCUREMENT)

IP- 1942v1

Date

21/04/2020

Profit Centre

(or functional area)

Powerhouse Museum

Cost Centre

Powerhouse Museum

Issue Paper Type

Prepared By
(Name)

Approval to Request a Variation.

Tom Kennedy

 

Issue/ Purpose (Summary of Request)

To obtain approval to issue a variation to the current IP1942 contract to Jacobs Australia Pty Ltd, for additional work required for the planning side for Microbat Assessment Building located on the New Powerhouse Parramatta site, This is added to the existing contract to cover costs associated with a physical daytime inspection of the buildings to be demolished and survey for the presence of microbats, and prepare an addendum to the Jacobs biodiversity report.

Background (Reason for Request)

The background of services is required for a Jacobs Australia to continue with a Biodiversity assessment for any threatened species or ecological communities to support the SSDA.

The Variation of IP-1942v1 scope includes the following requirements_

·                   Desktop studies, field studies and assessments, draft and final report preparation and all graphics and images required to complete an environmental assessment.

·                   Completion of all documentation required for submission of an environmental assessment to a determining authority.

This request for variation to the existing IP-1942 is to cover costs associated with a physical daytime inspection of the buildings to be demolished, survey for the presence of microbats, and prepare and addendum to the Jacobs biodiversity report.

IP1942 approved the Award of this Contract to Jacobs Australia Pty Ltd on 31/01/2020 The engagement was managed via a Select quotation process to a total Contract value of $18,940.00 excluding GST.

Comment (Summary of justification for Request)

The NSW Department of Environment, Energy and Science (EES) referred to their internal guidelines for a BDAR waiver request, and specifically guidance indicating that human-made structures may provide habitat for threatened species, particularly microbats. As the proposal will involve demolition of existing buildings, the department has requested assessment of the subject buildings to determine if they are currently used by roosting microbats.

This request for a variation to the existing contract is presented to cover costs associated with a physical daytime inspection of the buildings to be demolished, to survey for the presence of microbats, and prepare an addendum to the Jacobs biodiversity report.

Funding

The table below outlines the financial information regarding this variation request (excluding GST):

UNCONTROLLED WHEN PRINTED                                                     Page 1 of 3

NSW.001.023.1325


Infrastructure
Nnw Sotit h Mins

Issue Paper

 

Budget
Item

Budget Amount ($)

Contract
item

Spend to Date ($)

Contract
Sum ($)

Forecast
Final Cost
(FFC) ($)

Budget Remaining (Budget-FFC) ($)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Initial

Refer to PO report

$18,940.00

$18,940.00

Refer to WBS budget report

 

 

Variation 1

 

$ 2,850.00

$ 2,850.00

Refer to WBS budget report

 

 

Total

 

$21,790.00

$21,790.00

 

 

Funding is available from the WBS code stated below.

The Budget Report and PO Report is attached (obtain form Finance Team).

Contractor or Consultant Performance Report

Jacobs Australia Pty Ltd have delivered     the services within their current contract to date and have a proven track record.

Recommendation:

Financial: Approve the variation   proposal of Jacobs Australia Pty Ltd to undertake additional work of Biodiversity Assessment to the agreed Upper Limit Fee of $2850.00 excluding GST, which will result in a total contract value of $21,790.00_excluding GST.

Please complete

WBS Code

INN-0017-02-21

PO Number

45464154

Financial Commitment (excl. GST)

$2,850.00

Target Contract Start Date:

14/04/2020

Related Previous lP Number

IP1942, IP1942v1

Target ContractTBA End Date:

 

Recovery (YIN)

No

% Split by Dept/ Agency

N/A

Contingency Drawdown (YIN)

No

Contingency Category

 

P.O approved in SAP

 

 

 

UNCONTROLLED WHEN PRINTED                                                     Page 2 of 3

NSW.001.023.1326


rA Infrastructure

iv.. J ! New South Wales

Issue Paper

 

Approvals

Proposed by:

Endorsed By (Budget Owner)

Endorsed By (Procurement):

Signature:

Signature:

Signature:

-                                       ---'

1           '

 

Name: Tom Kennedy

Name:

Name: Stephanie Gerardini

Title:   Planning Manager

Title:

Title: Procurement Manager

Date:

Date:

Date:

 

Supported by (Principal's Rep):

Budget Verified (Finance):

Approved by (Delegated Officer):

Signature:

Signature:

Signature:

Name:    Tom Gellibrand

Name: Mrugesh Desi

Name:    Simon Draper

Title:   Head, Projects NSW

Title: ManagementAccountant

Title:      Chief Executive Officer

Date:

Date:

Date:

 

·         A copy of the Variation Proposal is contained within Attachment A.

·         A copy of the Variation Letter is contained within Attachment B.

·         The Budget Report (obtain form Finance) is contained within Attachment E.

·         Copies of the original Issue Paper is contained with Attachment F.


UNCONTROLLED WHEN PRINTED                                            Page 3 of 3

NSW.001.023.1327


 


ins

Infrastructure New South Wales

Mr Chris Thomson

Principal Ecologist

Chris.thomson@jacobs.com

Jacobs Australia

Level 4

12 Stewart Avenue

Newcastle West NSW 2309

Dear Chris

Re: Acceptance of Variation IP 1942v1 for provision of Microbat Assessment Building located on the New Powerhouse Parramatta site.

I am pleased to advise that Infrastructure NSW hereby accepts your variation proposal and estimate of fees for additional services relating to the above services dated 20/04/2020

The original scope is hereby varied to include additional services for:

© Provision of Microbat Assessment Building located on the New Powerhouse

Parramatta site.

The accepted Variation for the performance of the above tasks is $3,135.00 including GST. The existing Purchase Order Number 45464154 will be varied accordingly.

All payment invoices must include the referenced purchase order number 45464154 and, should be forwarded to Accounts©infrastructure.nsw.gov.au.

On behalf of Infrastructure NSW, I look forward to the successful delivery of the services.

Yours faithfully,

Tom Gellibrand

Head, Projects NSW


NSW.001.023.1328


 


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com>

To:         Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>

Cc:        Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <julian.soper@arup.com>; Peter Macdonald <peter.macdonald@arup.com>; Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:19:41 +1000

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.

Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SoundLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch - please provide:

·    a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

·    confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab - preferably this week

·    the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels - please confirm you have access to this document

·    please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss.


NSW.001.023.1362


Thanks,

Hannah Slater

Al Senior Development Manager

P 02 9216 5770

E hannah.slateritffrIC t LI r e 11 S W 0             www.insw.com
Level 12. 1,,i1LC Centre, 19 Martin Place. Sycinc. . ,W 2000

I

inetif Infrastructure

New South Wales

acknoWedge and pay my respects to the traditional miners and custodians on Mose land l yolk, yolk and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.


N S W.001.023.1363


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

From: Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

To:        Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Cc:        Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Haico Schepers <haico.schepers@arup.com>; Daniel Harris <daniel.harris@arup.com>

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:33:01 +1000

Hi Alex — please give me a call.

After my conversations with Simon we would like to delete the final slide and avoid committing/ make the recommendation for blinds or chilled slab.

Following my conversation with Haico I have Spoken to Simon and we are keen to convey the use of this space as an area of circulation (distinct to Crystal Hall which has a number of staff occupying the space). This is an important distinction to make.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 1:21 PM

To: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>; Hannah Slater

<Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>;

Daniel Harris <Daniel.Harris@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Hannah, very rough draft attached for review. We're working to neaten it up and add the figmes as noted below. Cheers, Alex

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schebersarup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 12:01 PM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespn>; Hannah Slater

<Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Z3ragarup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Alex and team

I have caught up with Hannah and now downloaded outcome of our review and agreed a slide format. As discussed with you just now the plan is to keep it simple. Present target comfort level for this type of space, present benchmark (crystal hall), present how the current design performs, present some option to improve the design.

Hannah we will try to issue a slide deck for review by 1 ish, some technical items will be -filled


NSW.001.023.1378


in then prior to 4 but should show the logic.

Is that ok?

haioc

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 11:27 AM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slaterinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon. a ett infragucture.nsw. og     Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara

Nalco Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Hannah, had our review with Haico and he was going to follow up with you. As per our previous discussions, we can show you how the space will perform in temperatures but arc still concerned with the comfort. Noted that you are accepting of this assuming we show you how it is uncomfortable. Haico wanted to chat to you about how we would compare to a space like the Crystal Hall. Have you and Haico had a chat already? Cheers, Alex

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:17 AM

To: 'Hannah Slater' <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Just doing our review with Haico now -- wasn't able to get him yesterday. Will update on what we can do at 10:10am.

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:08 AM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Importance: High

Hi Alex,

We would like a copy of your presentation ASAP ahead of this evening.

We need to present and discuss this with the PH to get them across your summary ahead of the

meeting.

I would like to do a dry run with you. Are you available at midday to do a dry run?

The purpose of this evening is to:

o achieve signoff on the elevational approach using the base elevation markup that you have

run your modelling against.


NSW.001.023.1379


·   Achieve signoff on the conditioning and performance requirements


The presentation should concisely summarise —

·  Percentage breakdown of facade types; transparent/ transition/ glazed louvres (to direct the design team)

·  Percentage for fritting (50% ?) — (to direct the design team)

·  Temperature range in the circulation space (for PH signoff)

·  Summary of 6% worst case days sand the temperature associated (for PH signoff)

Thanks,

Hannah Slater

Al Senior Development Manager

P 02 9216 5770

E hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au I www.insw.com
Level 12. MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

msw Infrastructure

New South Wales

acknoWedge and pay my respects to the traditional owers and custodians on Mose land I vlelk, vork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.


NSW.001.023.1380


 


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

From: Hannah Slater <"/o=exchangelabs/ou=exchange administrative group

(ivdihnhfr3snriitvr.n.rAniniAntorn=spAn1703fdd04b9595e774ea28e1d7b3-hannah slat">

\ J

To:       Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Cc:       Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Haico Schepers <haico.schepers@arup.com>; Daniel Harris <daniel.harris@arup.com>

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:33:01 +1000

Hi Alex — please give me a call.

After my conversations with Simon we would like to delete the final slide and avoid committing/ make the recommendation for blinds or chilled slab.

Following my conversation with Haico I have Spoken to Simon and we are keen to convey the use of this space as an area of circulation (distinct to Crystal Hall which has a number of staff occupying the space). This is an important distinction to make.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 1:21 PM

To: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>; Hannah Slater

<Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>;

Daniel Harris <Daniel.Harris@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Hannah, very rough draft attached for review. We're working to neaten it up and add the figures as noted below. Cheers, Alex

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 12:01 PM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexanderhesp_a@arup.com>; Hannah Slater

<Hannah.Slaterinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagell@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Alex and team

I have caught up with Hannah and now downloaded outcome of our review and agreed a slide format. As discussed with you just now the plan is to keep it simple. Present target comfort level for this type of space, present benchmark (crystal hall), present how the current design performs, present some option to improve the design.


NSW.001.023.1381


Hannah we will try to issue a slide deck for review by I ish, some technical items will be filled in then prior to 4 but should show the logic.

Is that ok?
haioc

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 11:27 AM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.qov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>;

Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Hannah, had our review with Haico and he was going to follow up with you. As per our previous discussions, we can show you how the space will perform in temperatures but arc still concerned with the comfort. Noted that you are accepting of this assuming we show you how it is uncomfortable. Haico wanted to chat to you about how we would compare to a space like the Crystal Hall. Have you and Haico had a chat already? Cheers, Alex

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:17 AM

To: 'Hannah Slater' <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagatl@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Just doing our review with Haico now — wasn't able to get him yesterday. Will update on what we can do at 10: I Oam.

Alexander Hespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:08 AM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Importance: High

Hi Alex,

We would like a copy of your presentation ASAP ahead of this evening.

We need to present and discuss this with the PH to get them across your summary ahead of the

meeting.

I would like to do a dry run with you. Are you available at midday to do a dry run?

The purpose of this evening is to:

achieve signoff on the elevational approach using the base elevation markup that you have


NSW.001.023.1382


run your modelling against.

·   Achieve signoff on the conditioning and performance requirements

The presentation should concisely summarise —

·   Percentage breakdown of fagade types; transparent/ transition/ glazed louvres (to direct the design team)

·   Percentage for fritting (50% ?) — (to direct the design team)

·   Temperature range in the circulation space (for PH signoff)

·   Summary of 6% worst case days sand the temperature associated (for PH signoff)

Thanks,

Hannah Slater

A/ Senior Development Manager

P 02 9216 5770

E hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au j www.insw.com

Level 12, tvILC Centre, 19 Martin Place. Sydney NSW 2000

msw Infrastructure

New South Vales

acknoviledge and pay my respects to the traditional owiers and custodians on ti ose land I yolk, v,ork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.


NSW.001.023.1383


 


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

From: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

To:           Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc:          Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Haico Schepers <haico.schepers@arup.com>; Daniel Harris

<daniel.harris@arup.com>

Date: Wed. 29 Apr 2020 15:42:22 +1000

Ittel.111111:.

Ili Hannah, just tried to call but it says you're unavailable. Can remove mention of blinds though the conclusion about comfort implicity means that we need to protect people from direct sun. That means something opaque between the people and sun — otherwise there are significant hours of discomfort. Cheers, Alex

Thermal comfort

Text Box: Yearly	Summer
East	7.3%	22%
Centre	5.7%	14%
North	14.5%	21%
Text Box: Alexander liespe
Associate IESD Consultant
p: +61 2 9320 9320 (I: +61 2 9320 9673
From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:33 PM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.com>; Daniel Harris

<Daniel.Harris@arup.com>

Subject: [External] RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Importance: High

Hi Alex — please give me a call.

After my conversations with Simon we would like to delete the final slide and avoid committing/ make the recommendation for blinds or chilled slab.

Following my conversation with Haico I have Spoken to Simon and we are keen to convey the use of this space as an area of circulation (distinct to Crystal Hall which has a number of staff occupying the space). This is an important distinction to make.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Alexander Hespe <atexander.hespe.@.Kup,com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 1:21 PM

To: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schemrs@arup.com>; Hannah Slater <Hannah.SlaterOinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <sirnon.pagett@infrastructuremsw.00v.au>: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Daniel Harris <Danieth_arrisgarup_com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

I lannah, very rough draft attached for review. We're working to neaten it up and add the figures as noted below. Cheers. Alex

Akxander Ilt,.pv

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: -461 2 9320 9320 Li: -461 2 9320 9673

From: Haico Schepers <Haico.Schepers@arup.corn>
Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 12:01 PM


NSW.001.023.1384


To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.he.speearop.com>; Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw,gov.atp

Cc: Simon Pagett C.$jrnorimell@dritras.10"re.fiSjy.,gOy...ati>; Enrico Zara <Enric-o.Zara arupsom>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi Alex and team

1 have caught up with Hannah and now downloaded outcome of our review and agreed a slide format. As discussed with you just now the plan is to keep it simple. Present target comfort level for this type of space, present benchmark (crystal hall). present how the current design performs, present some option to improve the design.

Hannah we will try to issue a slide deck for review by 1 ish. some technical items will be filled in then prior to 4 but should show the logic.

Is that ok?

haioc

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 11:27 AM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastruclare.nsw,ggy,au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagetteinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Haico Schepers <Halco.SchepersOarup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Hi I lannah, had our review with Ilaico and he was going to follow up with you. As per our previous discussions, we can show you how the space will perform in temperatures but are still concerned with the comfort. Noted that you are accepting of this assuming we show you how it is uncomfortable. Ilaico wanted to chat to you about how we would compare to a space like the Crystal Hall. I lave you and little° had a chat already? Cheers, Alex

Alexander Ilespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

p: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Alexander Hespe

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:17 AM

To: 'Hannah Slate? <Hannah.Slater©infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pageDQinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zaraearup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Just doing our review with llaico now - wasn't able to get him yesterday. Will update on what we can do at 10:10am.

Alexander Ilespe

Associate I ESD Consultant

13: +61 2 9320 9320 d: +61 2 9320 9673

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@inkastructure,nsw.qov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 9:08 AM

To: Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespea•rup.con1.>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagettginfrastructure.nsw.gov.att>: Enrico Zara cEnricaZata@atmom>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Facade

Importance: High

Hi Alex,

We would like a copy of your presentation ASAP ahead of this evening.

We need to present and discuss this with the PH to get them across your summary ahead of the meeting.

I would like to do a dry run with you. Are you available at midday to do a dry run?

The purpose of this evening is to:

·        achieve signoff on the elevational approach using the base elevation markup that you have run your modelling against.

·        Achieve signoff on the conditioning and performance requirements

The presentation should concisely summarise —

·        Percentage breakdown of facade types; transparent/ transition/ glazed louvres (to direct the design team)

·        Percentage for fritting (50% ?) — (to direct the design team)

·        Temperature range in the circulation space (for PH signoff)

·        Summary of 6% worst case days sand the temperature associated (for PH signoff)

Thanks,

Hannah Slater

(1/4/ Senior Development Manager

P02 9216 5770

E tta_nnallsiater@intra=tclumamazy...Li mvw.insw.corn

Le. C:1 12. fat.; Centre, 19 M,:ctr)                                     

msw Infrastructure

New South Wales

acknoviodge and pay myfe3pects to the traditional owners and custodians on chose land 1 Nek, v.ork and Inv.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender Is confidential, It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby noted that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Amp business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.


NSW.001.023.1385


Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the Sender is confOential. It is imended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recpient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly pro hibed and may tie unlawful.


NSW.001.023.1386


 


Fwd: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

From: Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.corn>

To:       Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc:      Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodley@genton.com.au>; Hiroko KUSUNOKI <hiroko.kusunoki@moreaukusunoki.com>; Nicolas MOREAU <nicolas.moreau@moreaukusunoki.com>; Agnieszka PRUSIK <agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>; George Cunha <george.cunha@arup.com>

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 21:07:09 +1000

Hello Hannah,

Please see below the last exchange on the Education structure, for the East Building.

George, we mentioned this in today's meeting, and INSW want to understand the constraints better.

Thank you,

Angeka GIANNOULATOU

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI
ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nerroirs
75011 Paris France

T : 01 84 16 46 87

-------- Forwarded message -------

De : George Cunha <George.Cunha@arup.com>

Date: jeu. 9 avr. 2020 a 00:22

Subject: RE: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

To: Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki corn>

Cc: Leigh Woodley <leiqh.woodley@genton.com.au>, Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>, Agnieszka PRUSIK

<agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>, Zoe Brown <Zoe.Brown@arup.com>, Emma Bennett <Emma.Bennett@arup.com>, Jacob Wiest

<jecob.wiestarup.com>, Kengo Takamatsu <ken.o.takamatsu@arup.com>, Kimberley Blackburn <Kimberley.Blackburn@arup.com>, Liam Manning

<liam.manningAslattery.com.au>, Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnalemoreaukusunoki.corn>, Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonaldarup.com>

Morning Angelica,

Thanks for you note.

Please see below sketch with some comments associated with your request.


NSW.001.023.1 509


Text Box:  Text Box: IText Box: multiple penetrations for beam connections through weather-line - impact on weather tightness and waterproofingText Box: edge beams increase in depth and cost to span to node pontsText Box: Cladding is typically opaque and should be configured to hide supporting steelwork.Text Box: Multiple connections to the exo-brace lattice which will impact transparency as connections need to deliver loadText Box: Increased complexity in framing of facade aroundText Box: West
Elevation -Building B
The columns should be aligned and integrated with the cladding/ ills and mostly hidden from external view. Supporting the intermediate floors back through the cladding and weather line to the exoskeleton will introduce additional complexity

and likely associated cost and we would advise against it.

Regards.

George Cunha

Associate Principal j Sydney Buildings

CPEntz PrEng N

Arup

Barrack Place Level 5.

151 Clarence Street,             X \V 2000

d: +61 2 9320 9206 m: +61 450 576 851 .kypc: george.cunha

www.arup.com

Connect with Any on Linkedin
Follow @GCAruo

From: Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelicaaiannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>

Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:06 AM

To: George Cunha <George.Cunha@arup.com>

Cc: Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodleyt&genton.com.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Agnieszka PRUSIK

<agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.core; Zoe Brown <Zoe.Brown@arup.com>; Emma Bennett <Emma.Bennett@arup.com>: Jacob Wiest

<jacob.wiest@arup.com>; Kengo Takamatsu <kengo.takamatsu@arup.com>; Kimberley Blackburn <Kimberley.Blackburn@arup.com>; Liam Manning


NSW.001.023.1510


<liam.manninq@slattery.com.au>; Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnal@rnoreaukusunoki.com>
Subject: Re: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

Hello George,

Following up on Option 1A that you proposed, and is our preferred option, please see a question below:

We would like to avoid columns landing on the West facade of the building (Grid B1), for the same reasons that we had mentioned in the Concierge columns discussion. We would like the exoskeleton Vs to receive that load on the West face, and not have other columns just behind, "competing" with the exoskeleton.

Could you let us know if there are ways to achieve that?

(The east face and grid B13 would not be such an issue, as these columns would be hidden by the solid facade).

Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Ange.lica GANNOUIATOU

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI
ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Paris Frame

T: 01 84 16 46 67

Le lun. 6 avr. 2020 a 18:57, Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnal@moreaukusunoki.com> a kilt :
Hello George,

Thank you for your email.

OPTION 1A seems indeed like it will provide us with more flexibility.

We will review its consequences in our current layouts and update general structural feedback, and get back to you by the end of this week.

Many thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Le dim. 5 avr. 2020 a 22:50, George Cunha <George.Cunha@arup.com> a ecrit :
iii Julia.

Thanks for your note and it is understood that your preference is not to adjust the line or the eastern portion of the western 13011 area in Building 13.

Under option 1 we will need to provide elevation bracing in order to support hanging the outstand portion of the floor. This will impact planning and circulation.

Attached I have provide an option 1A which is a variation on Option I and may provide you some more flexibility. Please review and provide comments.

Further to the above. please can NIKA; begin updatino, the architectural documents to reflect the structural feedback we have been


NSW.001.023.1511


passing on in the past weeks. to particular your documents do not yet reflect the i) transfer truss on Grid Bb, including the supporting columns down to fbundation level and ii) the structural columns and floor framing required in the eastern and western B01-I areas in Building B. Please can you advise when this will be reflected in your documents.

Many thanks and regards

George Cunha

Associate Principal 1Sydney Buildings.

CPEng PrEng NER

Amp

Barrack Place Level 5.

151 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000

d: +61 2 9320 9206 m: +61 450 576 851 skype: george.cunha

www.amp.com

Connect with Arup on Linkedln 
Follow @GCArup

From: Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnalemoreaukusunoki COM>

Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:17 AM

To: George Cunha <Georga,cunha@ar_up.c_or_n>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Fnrico.Zara@arup.com>; An9elica GIANNOULATOU <augelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>; Agnieszka PRUSIK

<agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>; Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodley@qenton.com.au>; Zoe Brown <Zoe.BrownOarup.com>; Emma Bennett

<Emma.Bennett@a[Up—com>; Jacob Wiest <jacob.vyiest@arup_som>: Kengo Takamatsu <kertgo.tafornat$_u_@arupc_o_m.>

Subject: Re: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

Hello George,

I apologize for the delay of my reply.

To respond to your question on the viability of extending the Eastern building-Western BOH floor to gridline B4 we cannot do this since it would mean decreasing the PS2 & PS4 areas, which is not an option at the moment.

Therefore, we might need to keep evaluating OPTION 1, with our main concerns being as previously stated:

-Bracing dividing Education multifunction room

-Bracing traversing fire egress stair.

We would greatly appreciate your input on how we could tackle these points.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Le lun. 30 mars 2020 a 18:25, George Cunha <George.Cunha@arup.com> a ecrit :
Thanks Julia.

Are you able to consider the opposite of extending the floor out east to -grid-B4 and to account for this increase possibly reducing the number of floors between the PS spaces?

Given the impact we should just make sure we have explored all the options when we are asked to justify the proposed arrangement.


NSW.001.023.1512


Regards

Georc. Cunha

Associate Principal 'Sydney Buildings

CPEng PrEng NER

Amp

Barrack Place Level 5,

151 Clarence Street, Syclne, NSW 2000

d: +61 2 9320 9206 m: +61 450 576 851 skype: george.cunha

www.arup.com

Connect with Arup on LinkedIn 
Follow @GCArup

From: Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnal@moreaukusunoki.com>

Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 11:55 PM

To: George Cunha <Q_eorge.Cunha@arup.com>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zaragarup.com>; Angelica GIANNOULATOU <ancjelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>; Agnieszka PRUSIK

<p_gnieszka.prusikAmoreaukusunoki.com>; Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodley(a_genton.com.au>

Subject: Re: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

Hello George,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the option of bringing the floor extent to the grid B3 is not possible, since we cannot cut that much usable area.

We would therefore have to assume the bracing, and would like to better understand how we should tackle this point at the staircase level.

Looking forward to your reply.
Kind regards,

Julia Hajnal

Le dim. 29 mars 2020 a 17:56, George Cunha <George.Cunha@arup.corrp a ecrit :

111Julia,

Thank you for your mark-up.

Have you reviewed the option of moving the floor extent east of B3 back onto Laid? See purple arrow and cloud below. This is the arrangement which will least impact the architectural design.

Regards


NSW.001.023.1513


Text Box:  Text Box: t ftText Box: MA0101 8_41 TECH_ • 35. tonText Box: hoGeorge Cunha

Associate Principal I Sydney Buildings

CPEng PrEng NER

Amp

Barrack Place Level 5.

151 Clarence Street, Sydnz NSW 2000

d: +61 2 9320 9206 in: +61 450 576 851 skype: george.cunha

WWW. a ru p, c om

Connect with Amp on I inkedin 
Follow
qixicAmp

From: Julia HAJNAL <julia.hajnal@MoreaUkLaUnOkiMM>

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:05 AM

To: George Cunha <George.Cunhaearup.com>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zaraearup.com>

Cc: Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>; Agnieszka PRUSIK <agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>

Subject: [External] PAR_Eastern Building - Western BOH Structure

Hi George,

Thank you for your markup.

In relation to the structure options evaluated for the Eastern building-Western BOH, we would prefer OPTION 1, with the asymmetric bracing, hanging columns (which we would assume within the FOH area) and cantilevering beams in technical levels.

Please find attached a markup for a technical level where we are encountering the following issues:

-Bracing dividing Education multifunction room


NSW.001.023.1514


-Bracing traversing fire egress stair.

We would greatly appreciate your input on this.

Looking forward to your response.

King regards,

Julia HAJNAL

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI
ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Pam France

T. : 01 84 16 46 87

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving ArWbusiness systems are scanned tbr viruses and acceptability of content.

Julia HAJNAL

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI

ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Part France

T.: 01 84 16 46 87

Julia HAJNAL

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI
ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Paris France

T. : 01 84 16 46 87

Julia HAJNAL

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI

ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Paris France

T.: 01 84 16 46 87


NSW.001.023.1515


 


SSDA visuals

From: Agnieszka PRUSIK <agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>

To:         Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Tom Kennedy <tom@gtkconsulting.com.au>; Dr Martina Novakova <martina.novakova@genton.com.au>; Lisa Havilah <lisa.havilah@maas.museum>

Cc:        Hiroko KUSUNOKI <hiroko.kusunoki@moreaukusunoki.com>; Nicolas MOREAU <nicolas.moreau@moreaukusunoki.com>; Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>; "Steven Toia (steven.toia@genton.com.au)" <steven.toia@genton.com.au>; Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodley@genton.com.au>; Miguel Serrao <miguel.serrao@mcgregorcoxall.com>; Michael Cowdy <michael.cowdy@mcgregorcoxall.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 03:21:48 +1000

Hi All,

We made a few amendments to the SSDA visuals, from which the main one is the geometry and direction of the stair in the landscape. The rest of the changes are only retouchings of the images. I'm not sure if it is still ok to add them to the SSDA submission for the next week but if not, we still would like to share the amended images with you to receive your feedback.

https://we.tl/t-k3AC4u5YbS

Best,
Aga

MOREAU

KUSUNOKI

ARC H ITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Paris France

T.: 01 84 16 48 10


NSW.001.023.1525


 


Re: Powerhouse Parramatta - Design Meeting Agenda

From: Angelica GIANNOULATOU <angelica.giannoulatou@moreaukusunoki.com>

To:       Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Cc:       Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; simon.walkom@maas.museum; Lisa Havilah <lisa.havilah@maas.museum>; Nicolas Moreau <nicolas.moreau@moreaukusunoki.com>; hiroko kusunoki <hiroko.kusunoki@moreaukusunoki.com>; Leigh Woodley <leigh.woodley@genton.com.au>; Agnieszka PRUSIK <agnieszka.prusik@moreaukusunoki.com>; Steven Toia <steven.toia@genton.com.au>; Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Eric Rivers <eric.rivers@arup.com>; Eve Hoskins <eve.hoskins@arup.com>; Alexander Hespe <alexander.hespe@arup.com>; Alex Bowen <alex.bowen@maas.museum>; Chaya Bratoeva <chaya.bratoeva@maas.museum>; Lisa Ffrench <lisa.ffrench@maas.museum>; Hayley Coombes <hayley.coombes@maas.museum>; James Rongen-Hall <jamessongen-hall@maas.museum>; haico.schepers@arup.com

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 05:25:38 +1000

Hello all,

Please find a link to all the booklets we discussed today.
https://we.tl/t-LK9MrIX4hi

Cementitious Facade Panels

-                  Any feedback/markup from the Arup team is more than welcome, to help us understand the advantages or constraints of these different options.

-                  Initial approximate dimensions on the joints will also help us better test the visual impact.

-                  We will continue this study and do some tests with bigger panels (we understand that Arup will also provide a comparison for standard vs custom sized panels)

Exo-Facade Offset Impact

- We have added to the hybrid studies, to test the 0.75m offset

- We will follow up with some views to try and visualise the impact of the different options on the Civic Link.

Best regards,

Angelica GIANNOULATOU

MOREAU
KUSUNOKI
ARCHITECTES

5 rue de Nemours
75011 Paris France

T : 01 84 16 46 87

Le mer. 29 avr. 2020 a 06:00, Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater(@,infrastructure.nsw.gov.au> a ecrit : Hi All,

Ahead of this evenings Design meeting please find the attached agenda to guide discussions.

Please also find attached:

© SSDA Elevational markup


NSW.001.023.1526


·     Façade Presentation

·     PS7 Summary

https://we.tl/t-rW082TYKGE

MK have been separately preparing booklets to discuss the remaining items identified on the agenda. Please let me know if you would like any additional items added/ discussed.

Speak to you all this evening.

Thanks,

Hannah Slater

A/ Senior Development Manager

P  02 9216 5770

E hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au www.insw.com

Level 12, MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

!new Infrastructure

I 1              New South Wales

acknotdedge and pay my respects to the traditional ow ers and custodians on Mose land I yolk, vtork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.


NSW.001.023.1527


FW: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

To:        Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>; Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com>

Cc:         Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:19:16 +1000

Hi Simon,

Could you please provide the updated list of source noise levels you were discussing yesterday for Mitch to prepare the acoustic sound matrix?

Mitch — could we please organise a time for next Tuesday morning, potentially at 11 for the PH to visit the soundlab.

Please confirm availability.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:20 PM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper

<Julian.Soper@arup.com>; Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>; Harvey Yang

<harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.

Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SoundLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater chi infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagettrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High


NSW.001.023.1534


Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch — please provide:

·   a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

·   confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab — preferably this week

·   the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels — please confirm you have access to this document

·   please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss.
Thanks,

Hannah Slater

A/ Senior Development Manager

P   02 9216 5770

E hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au www.insw.com

Level 12, MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

Ins

Infrastructure
New South Wales

 

Ui acknowledge and pay my respects to the traditional owners and custodians on vtliose land       viork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.

NSW.001.023.1535


FW: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Hannah Slater <Vo=exchangelabs/ou=exchange administrative group

To: Cc:

Date:

(fydibohf23sndlt)/cn=recipientsicn=5eaa1703fticiO4b9595e774ea2field7h3-hannah slat"> ,•

Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>; Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com> Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au> Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:19:16 +1000

 

Hi Simon,

Could you please provide the updated list of source noise levels you were discussing yesterday for Mitch to prepare the acoustic sound matrix?

Mitch — could we please organise a time for next Tuesday morning, potentially at 11 for the PH to visit the soundlab.

Please confirm availability.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:20 PM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper

<Julian.Soper@arup.com>; Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>; Harvey Yang

<harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.

Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SounclLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.papIt@infrastructure.nsw_gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

NSW.001.023.1536


Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch — please provide:

·     a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

·     confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab — preferably this week

·     the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels — please confirm you have access to this document

·     please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss. Thanks,

Hannah Slater

IN Senior Development Manager

P 02 9216 5770

E hannah.slater©infrastructure.nsw.                 www.insw.com
Level 12, IVIC Centre. 19 rvlartin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

I

IRS rant!

Ql acknowledge and pay my respects to the traditional miners and custodians on Mose land / yolk, vtork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Amp business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.


NSW.001.023.1537


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com>

To:       Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>

Cc:       Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>;

Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 10:52:51 +1000

Hi Hannah,

Next Tuesday is not enough time for us to prepare the demonstration and arrange logistics. I understand the issue is urgent but we need sufficient time to prepare a meaningful demonstration. We are preparing proposal and scope for approval by iNSW and have begun preliminary work to progress.

The earliest date we would be able to target would be Monday 11 May. Please confirm iNSW and PH availability and number of attendees and we will progress logistical arrangements.

Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Thursday, 30 April 2020 8:19 AM

To: Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Subject: [External] FW: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Simon,

Could you please provide the updated list of source noise levels you were discussing yesterday for Mitch to prepare the acoustic sound matrix?

Mitch — could we please organise a time for next Tuesday morning, potentially at 11 for the PH to visit the soundlab.

Please confirm availability.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:20 PM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slaterinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagelt@,R-_ifr_.astructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper©arup.com›;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>; Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.


NSW.001.023.1634


Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SoundLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slates@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch - please provide:

m a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

m confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab - preferably this week

o  the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels - please confirm you have access to this document

m please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss. Thanks,

Hannah Slater

(5,I Senior Development Manager

P 02 9216 5770

E. hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw,gov.au I www.insw.com

Level 12, MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place. Sydney NSW 2000

in r-Trl", Infrastructure

NewSouthWales

MI/ acknovdedge and pay my respects to the traditional miners and custodians on Mose land I yolk, vork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely


NSW.001.023.1635


for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.


NSW.001.023.1636


 


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

To:        Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com>; Hannah Slater

<hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>

Cc:        Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:50:18 +1000

Hi All I am okay on Monday the 11th

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:53 AM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Simon Walkom

<simon.walkom@maas.museum>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <Simon.Pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>;

Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

Next Tuesday is not enough time for us to prepare the demonstration and arrange logistics. 1 understand the issue is urgent but we need sufficient time to prepare a meaningful demonstration. We are preparing proposal and scope for approval by iNSW and have begun preliminary work to progress.

The earliest date we would be able to target would be Monday 11 May. Please confirm iNSW and PH availability and number of attendees and we will progress logistical arrangements.

Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater(@infrastructure.nsw.clov.au>

Sent: Thursday, 30 April 2020 8:19 AM

To: Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen(@.arup.com>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.matZinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Subject: [External] FW: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Simon,

Could you please provide the updated list of source noise levels you were discussing yesterday for Mitch to prepare the acoustic sound matrix?

Mitch — could we please organise a time for next Tuesday morning, potentially at 11 for the PH to visit the soundlab.

Please confirm availability.

Thanks,
Hannah

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen©arup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:20 PM


NSW.001.023.1655


To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slaterinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zaraarup.com> Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.p_agelabfrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>; Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>; Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.

Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SoundLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater                                                          ov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonald@arup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch — please provide:

·   a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

·   confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab — preferably this week

·   the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels — please confirm you have access to this document

·   please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss. Thanks,

Hannah Slater

AJ Senior Development Manager

P 02 9210 5770

E hannah.slatejinfrastructure.nsw.gov.au www.insw.com

Levu, 12. c,      (.r-itre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney


NSW.001.023.1656


Infrastructure
New South Wales

 

11111 acknotAledge and pay my respects to the traditional owiers and custodians on ,hose land I vxlik, yak and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.

Disclaimer

Text Box: NSW.001.023.1657The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.


 


RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

From: Simon Pagett <"/o=exchangelabs/ou=exchange administrative group (fydibohf23spdIt)/cn=recipientsicn=7ec740997ac9462eb16ae6f761ed364f-simon paget">

To:        Mitchell Allen <mitchell.allen@arup.com>; Hannah Slater

<hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>

Cc:        Enrico Zara <enrico.zara@arup.com>; Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:50:18 +1000

Hi All I am okay on Monday the 11th

From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:53 AM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Simon Walkom

<simon.walkom@maas.museum>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <Simon.Pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>;

Harvey Yang <harvey.yang@arup.com>

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

Next Tuesday is not enough time for us to prepare the demonstration and arrange logistics. I understand the issue is urgent but we need sufficient time to prepare a meaningful demonstration. We are preparing, proposal and scope for approval by iNSW and have begun preliminary work to progress.

The earliest date we would be able to target would be Monday 11 May. Please confirm iNSW and PH availability and number of attendees and we will progress logistical arrangements.

Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@irtructure.nsw.ggyau>

Sent: Thursday, 30 April 2020 8:19 AM

To: Simon Walkom <simon.walkom@maas.museum>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Simon Pagett <simon.p_agWt@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Subject: [External] FW: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Simon,

Could you please provide the updated list of source noise levels you were discussing yesterday for Mitch to prepare the acoustic sound matrix?

Mitch — could we please organise a time for next Tuesday morning, potentially at 11 for the PH to visit the soundlab.

Please confirm availability.

Thanks,
Hannah


NSW.001.023.1658


From: Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 3:20 PM

To: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater@infrastruoture.nsw.gov.au>; Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper@arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <Peter.Macdonalci  .com>; Harvey Yang <har_.__iy.e,,v,yang

Subject: RE: Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Hi Hannah,

I understand you have already spoken to Enrico with respect to questions below.

Per the action from our previous catch up, we will provide scenario matrix ASAP. We will also send through proposed scope (incl. scenarios) for SoundLab demonstration. I understand the urgency of the issue and we will do our best to get across to you.

Regarding updated list of source noise levels from PH, can you please provide? We have been working from Stage 3 brief supplemented by our own database.

Please let me know if you require further info.

Thanks,
Mitch

From: Hannah Slater <Hannah.Slater©infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 10:03 AM

To: Enrico Zara <Enrico.Zara@arup.com>; Mitchell Allen <Mitchell.Allen@arup.com>

Cc: Simon Pagett <simon.paciett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>; Julian Soper <Julian.Soper©arup.com>;

Peter Macdonald <PeterMaccionaldaarup.com>

Subject: [External] Powerhouse Parramatta - Building Stack/ Acoustics

Importance: High

Hi Enrico and Mitch,

One of the actions that came out of the last acoustic meeting was to set up a soundlab visit for the PH to understand the acoustics associated with each of the PS spaces. This is an important exercise in closing out the building stack and sign off the PS3 and PS6 space locations.

Mitch — please provide:

*    a summary of the sounds you are preparing for review by the PH so that we can ensure the scope aligns with what the PH would like tested. (Note: PS3 and PS6 are the two most important spaces from an acoustic point of view)

·     confirm the availability for the PH to visit the soundlab — preferably this week

·     the PH has previously provided a schedule of exhibitions and sound levels — please confirm you have access to this document

·     please ensure the sounds that you are developing will convey both the ambient noise and the structure borne noise

Could we please expedite this visit and organise this ASAP. Please call me to discuss. Thanks,

Hannah Slater

N Senior Development Manager

P 02 9210 5770

E hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.                www.insw.com


NSW.001.023.1659


Level 12, MLC Centre. 19 Martin Place. Sydney NSW 2000
I

Infrastructure

New South Wales

 

11311 acknovdedge and pay my respects to the traditional owlet's and custodians on v,hose land I valk. vork and live.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Electronic mail messages entering and leaving Arup business systems are scanned for viruses and acceptability of content.

Disclaimer

Text Box: NSW.001.023.1660The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.


 


FW: Powerhouse Parramatta v Building Stack/ Acoustics

From:      Hannah Slater <hannah.slater@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au>

To:          simon.walkom@maas.museum; Monika Herfurth <monika.herfurth@maas.museum>

Cc:          Simon Pagett <simon.pagett@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au›; lisa.havilah@maas.museum

Date:       Thu, 30 Apr 2020 14:00:34 +1000